Thank you for your patience and understanding over the last 18 months. We appreciate it has been frustrating not being able to view your children’s swimming lessons due to Covid-19 guidance being in place at our small and medium pools.
Children have worked very hard and have reacted positively to the temporary amendments that have been in place throughout this period.
During this period, we have noted that the children’s attention and listening has increased during the lessons as there has been no distractions on poolside, this has resulted in the swimmers focusing more on the tasks they are being asked to do by the teaching staff.
It is due to these benefits that we have observed recently that we have reviewed the spectating arrangements and will be introducing new guidelines that will ensure the poolside remains a focused, controlled and safe learning environment for both the children and teachers.
From Monday 6 September the revised guidelines will be as follows:
- Only one spectator per child will be permitted onto the poolside, this is to ensure there is no overcrowding and ensure the teachers have full access to all areas of the poolside.
- Spectators must remain seated at all times.
- No young children will be allowed onto poolside, the poolside is to remain a quiet focused environment to ensure the children are not distracted.
- No outdoor footwear will be allowed to be worn on poolside, this is for health and hygiene and to keep the poolside a clean and safe environment for the swimmers walking round in bare feet.
- Spectators where possible should bring a change of footwear appropriate to the poolside or blue overshoes must be worn and put over your footwear before you enter the poolside.
- No food or drink of any sort will be allowed onto poolside at any times.
- Mobile phones or electronic devices must remain in the pockets or bags of the spectators for the duration of the swimming lesson.
- The one way system will be kept in place, all children will enter onto poolside via the middle yellow door to enable teachers to monitor that all guidelines are being adhered to. All small pool lessons will exit through the double yellow door next to the shower areas.
- The audio speaker system will remain in place should parents need to be contacted during the lesson; can we please though remind all parents that children should go to the toilet before their lesson starts to prevent any disruption during the lesson.
Thank you, Team SCL.