The Government announcement of a 4 week long lockdown means that all our leisure centres will now be closed from Thursday 5 November. We accept these measures with a heavy heart, but look forward to welcoming you back after the lockdown.
What this means
We will follow the same procedures we had in place for the initial lockdown in March.
All SCL memberships will now once again be frozen, starting on Thursday 5 November.
- If you are a Direct Debit customer, we will now FREEZE your membership for FREE for the period our leisure centres are closed. Your direct debit payments will be stopped for the closure period.
- If your membership payment was already made on 1 November, then we will not take a payment on 1 December. Instead, your next payment will be on 1 January 2021.
- If your membership payment was due to be paid on the 15 November, then your next payment will now be on 15 December.
- If you pay annually for your membership, then the period of our closure will be added to the length of your current contract so you don’t lose out.
- You will not be able to access our leisure centres during this time.
- Your membership will automatically unfreeze and restart when our centres re-open.
- When we re-open your membership will continue at the same rate you are currently paying.
- All swimming lessons will stop. The last lessons will take place on the evening of Wednesday 4 November.
- If you pay for lessons via Direct Debit, your payments will be stopped for the closure period.
- If you pay via a 10 week block pass, then credits for the period of our closure will be added. to your account to use when we re-open. This means you don’t lose out.
- You will not be able to access our leisure centres and swimming pools during this time.
- Your payments will automatically restart when our centres re-open.
- The swimmer will return to the same lesson when we re-open.
Once again, this will be another difficult time for us all and shutting our venues and freezing customers’ memberships has huge consequences for us and also the health of Salford.
Stay Active During Lockdown
During lockdown, we will be looking to offer a special Zoom Membership, with a small timetable of fitness classes available to access online and equipment hire available from our centres. Look out for more details soon, but to register your interest now, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be ready to welcome you back after the lockdown has ended and we are able to re-open.
If you have any queries regarding your membership or swimming lessons, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.